Last updated on Feb 2, 2022
Xandebay is a marketplace where you can sell all legal goods directly to buyers. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Xandebay. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
1. Getting Started
As you get started, please consult and follow all the following basic requirements to create a successful store on Xandebay.
a. What can be sold on Xandebay
Xandebay buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Xandebay must be legal to sell.
b. What cannot be sold on Xandebay
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, any items that are illegal, violate obscenity laws or standards, or violate any intellectual property rights are not allowed to be sold on Xandebay.
Specifically, no actual or simulated sexual acts or sexual touching, no aroused male gentalia, and no closely shot images of open legged female genitalia may be displayed on Xandebay.
If any of these images appear, then the image must be covered by a fully opaque covering, or the image will be removed from Xandebay.
Keep in mind that users of Xandebay may flag listings that appear to violate any laws or our policies. Xandebay may remove any listings that violate any laws or our policies. Xandebay may suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be required to pay any outstanding fees on your Xandebay statement. You can find more information in our Fees and Payments Policy.
c. Managing your Xandebay Shop
Your shop represents you and your business to the Xandebay community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on Xandebay, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information.
- Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your listings, abide by Xandebay’s policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. We provide a venue, but Xandebay does not manufacture goods, hold inventory, or ship items. The content you upload on Xandebay is generated by you and you are not generated by Xandebay, our employees, agents, or representatives. You are responsible for ensuring you have all necessary rights to your content and that you are not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it. If you are accused of infringing someone else’s intellectual property rights, and we are also sued, you will defend and indemnify us against these claims.
- Not engage in fee avoidance. Any action by you to avoid paying a fee is considered fee avoidance and is strictly prohibited. A transaction initiated on Xandebay must be completed on Xandebay. The price stated in each listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale. For example, sellers may not alter the item's price after a sale for the purpose of avoiding transaction fees, misrepresent the item’s location, or use another user's account without permission.
- Not go around Xandebay’s policies. For instance, do not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing Xandebay's policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers. Price fixing is illegal.
d. Seller Standards
By listing a product for sale on Xandebay you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. Xandebay assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your listings.
e. Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. If you do not maintain this level of service, Xandebay may reach out to you by e-mail to assist you to ensure your buyers are having a positive experience.
Here are some examples of the level of service we expect from you:
- Give buyers a clear idea of how long it takes you to prepare and ship an order and honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, or as you promised, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Accurately list and describe your items.
- Respond to Messages in a timely and customer service-oriented manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with buyers.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Sellers will be charged for using some of Xandebay’s services. You can find information on fees in our Fees and Payment Policy.
2. Being a Member of the Xandebay Community
At Xandebay, everyone is expected to treat fellow participants in the Xandebay community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers to provide a great customer experience.
a. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Xandebay, you can create and upload a variety of content, like listings, text, photos, and videos. To keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or discriminatory.
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading;
b. Setting Policies in your store.
Simply put, you must do what you say and state clearly and conspicuously on your website regarding how you intend to handle shipping, processing times, returns, refunds, exchanges and/or cancellations. For example, if you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Messages and cancel the transaction. If the buyer has already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. Please keep records of all your transactions, including proof of refunds, in the event a dispute arises.
C. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
In particular, when you sell using our Services (subject to this Policy) or use Xandebay’s API you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie. As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorized disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Xandebay-related communications or for Xandebay-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable Xandebay policies and laws, you may not add any Xandebay member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you're responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. These are good general guidelines and practices regardless of your geography. If Xandebay and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, or you otherwise violated a buyer’s privacy, and if Xandebay is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Xandebay for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
Messages. You may use Messages to communicate with your buyers to answer questions about products, or other legitimate purposes. You may not use messages or communication outside of Xandebay to complete a Xandebay transaction. You may not use Messages to harass other members, to support or glorify hatred, or to discriminate against any protected group based on their personal attributes. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Further, you may not use Messages for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Xandebay. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor's Promoted Listings ads to drain that member's advertising budget, also known as "click fraud."
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews to position those reviews more prominently.
3. Feedback, Disputes and Your Successa. Reviews
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Xandebay. Buyers can leave a review including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 90 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 90 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate any anti-discrimination laws;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Xandebay or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion or be based on extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
4. Violation of Xandebay Policies
If Xandebay has reason to believe or is notified that anything you do, or anything about you, or your store, or your items is illegal, Xandebay will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies, including the release of your personal information. By using Xandebay you agree to this release of your personal information and our cooperation and will have no recourse against Xandebay, its agents, employees or representatives, for the release of personal information or our cooperation.